Your site is so great, it makes researching the business sooo much easier having all the info in one place! thankyou thankyou thankyou.
Amada, aspiring actress, Sydney, Australia
Just wanted to say that this site is FANTASTIC! It's helped me quite a bit and it's now my #1 bookmarked item, which means I'm going to be visiting here regularly :) Thanks again,
Rob, aspiring actor, Canada
I absolutely love your site - it's SOOOO helpful and very impressive!
I am a frequent visitor and have signed up for the newsletter, plus I think it's so good I have recommended it to all my acting friends! Thank you for creating such a wonderful website!
Wow Tony! I would just like to comment on how much you have affected my life.
First of all, any questions I have are answered extremely fast, and not only that, you give me a very helpful answer every time. Also, by reading your newsletters, I obtain just the right information that I need to succeed in the acting business. I am so happy I discovered your site, and I hope you know how much we actors appreciate you. Thanks again, and I can't wait to read your next newsletter!
Laura Doukas, Actress
I did what you said and I got two interviews with two agents! Thank you! Sorry but can I ask you how do I prepare to go meet the agent? What do I have to do?
Marsha P., New York, NY, USA
This site has taught me a lot that I needed to know without dragging me all over the place.
Lauren, actress, Atlanta, GA
Your acting headshots are your business card. They are one way for you to make an incredibly important first impression. So they have to be the best they can possibly be! How can you ensure getting the best pics? According to Peter Hurley, one of New York's most sought after headshot photographers, one way is to insist on meeting your headshot photographer beforehand and asking some important questions. So what are the questions you will want to ask the photographer during the initial consultation? Below you will find the most important questions you will want to ask before the day of the shoot.
1. How many pictures will you take of me?
2. How long will the session last?
3. How many different looks are included in the price?
4. How do you direct the actor during your sessions? In other words, do you help the actor to come up with different expressions or is the actor responsible for doing that on her own?
5. What colors should I not wear? What color would be best to include in my wardrobe?
6. What happens once the session is complete? How do I get my pictures?
7. How will I view them?
8. What will you give me? A cd with the photos? Will you upload them to a website for me to view?
9. How will/can I make copies? How much will my acting headshots cost?
10. What about retouching? Do you offer that service as well? Is there someone you can recommend?
11. What about hair and make up during the shoot? Do you provide that service? If so, is it included in the price? Do you have any recommendations with regard to hair and make up? (This is also a moment to express any concerns you have about blemishes you would like not to be visible in your photos, etc.
Once you have gone through this with the photographer and you have the answers to all your questions, you will also have a feel for whether or not he/she is a person that you feel you would like to work together with to produce your acting headshots. Remember, its about rapport. You must have a good feeling with your photographer. If you get the feeling that you are being treated as a number and that everything is hurry, hurry and you dont feel good around that person, then follow your instinct and go elsewhere.
If you are unable to meet in person, then arrange at the very least a telephone call to talk over things before your shoot.
Peter Hurley is one of the leading photographers in New York. His skills are highly sought after and he receives numerous referrals from casting directors and agents alike.
We will abide by the law
and protect your privacy.
Your e-mail address
will not be abused or
given to anyone else.
I want to say you changed my life. I want to be an actress so bad, but i began losing motivation when I couldn't figure out what to do. And then I found you! Thanks to you, I'm taking my first acting classes next month! Yippee!
Sara, Pasadena, CA
Just wanted to thank you for bringing me in to [audition for the video], meet you and chat this Saturday. I was really excited to hear about your working on actingcareerstartup.com and even took a look at it today - it's awesome! You are very well-spoken, knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and it shows through the work that you do! I hope our paths in the industry will cross again and really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks, again and best wishes with your very important work!
Gretchen, NY, NY