Your site is so great, it makes researching the business sooo much easier having all the info in one place! thankyou thankyou thankyou.
Amada, aspiring actress, Sydney, Australia
Just wanted to say that this site is FANTASTIC! It's helped me quite a bit and it's now my #1 bookmarked item, which means I'm going to be visiting here regularly :) Thanks again,
Rob, aspiring actor, Canada
I absolutely love your site - it's SOOOO helpful and very impressive!
I am a frequent visitor and have signed up for the newsletter, plus I think it's so good I have recommended it to all my acting friends! Thank you for creating such a wonderful website!
Wow Tony! I would just like to comment on how much you have affected my life.
First of all, any questions I have are answered extremely fast, and not only that, you give me a very helpful answer every time. Also, by reading your newsletters, I obtain just the right information that I need to succeed in the acting business. I am so happy I discovered your site, and I hope you know how much we actors appreciate you. Thanks again, and I can't wait to read your next newsletter!
Laura Doukas, Actress
I did what you said and I got two interviews with two agents! Thank you! Sorry but can I ask you how do I prepare to go meet the agent? What do I have to do?
Marsha P., New York, NY, USA
This site has taught me a lot that I needed to know without dragging me all over the place.
Lauren, actress, Atlanta, GA
My website building tool directed me to the website of the Association Of Talent Agents. It provides us actors with some great information to understand our customers even better. By customers I mean that we actors have to sell ourselves; or rather we have to sell our talent, our personalities, our acting ability to agents, casting directors, production companies, producers, directors and the like. I talk about this in much greater depth on another page of this website.
I spent about 14 years of my life in the corporate world and a few years as a consultant. One of the golden rules of business is for anyone or any company that has a product or service to market, to know their customers as well as they possibly can. To know your customers well, you have to know how they think and what they are looking for and what they want.
When visiting the website of The Association Of Talent Agents (see the link at the bottom of the page), these are some of the most important things I learned.
1. For talent agents, I learned about the 23 benefits they could enjoy from being a member of the organization and the services it provides to make an agents work easier.
2. Of interest to actors could be the fact that they have job postings, which provide the possibility for qualified people to work as agent assistants or in other capacities. If you are an actor and need a job, that would be a great way to learn the industry!
3. I learned how the online production world is profiting from the writers strike and specifically what that could mean for us actors. They also talk about which networks are doing what online and how.
4. I learned about four additional websites where it is possible to create an online presence and post video content that goes viral. One of those websites even offers revenue sharing, meaning that the more your video (that you posted on their website) gets seen, the more money you can make while your video makes its way around the internet.
5. I learned about three additional website data bases that union actors (SAG, AFTRA, AEA as well as union actors in countries located outside the U.S.A.) can submit themselves to. These websites are used frequently by top casting directors, agents and directors to find new talent for their projects.
6. Lastly, I learned that there are several up and coming technologies that we actors must know about and that might make a difference in the opportunities presented to us.
And there is more. Whether you are just starting out your acting career or you are a union actor looking for more of an edge, you might find the website of The Association Of Talent Agents of interest.
We will abide by the law
and protect your privacy.
Your e-mail address
will not be abused or
given to anyone else.
I want to say you changed my life. I want to be an actress so bad, but i began losing motivation when I couldn't figure out what to do. And then I found you! Thanks to you, I'm taking my first acting classes next month! Yippee!
Sara, Pasadena, CA
Just wanted to thank you for bringing me in to [audition for the video], meet you and chat this Saturday. I was really excited to hear about your working on actingcareerstartup.com and even took a look at it today - it's awesome! You are very well-spoken, knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and it shows through the work that you do! I hope our paths in the industry will cross again and really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks, again and best wishes with your very important work!
Gretchen, NY, NY