Your site is so great, it makes researching the business sooo much easier having all the info in one place! thankyou thankyou thankyou.
Amada, aspiring actress, Sydney, Australia
Just wanted to say that this site is FANTASTIC! It's helped me quite a bit and it's now my #1 bookmarked item, which means I'm going to be visiting here regularly :) Thanks again,
Rob, aspiring actor, Canada
I absolutely love your site - it's SOOOO helpful and very impressive!
I am a frequent visitor and have signed up for the newsletter, plus I think it's so good I have recommended it to all my acting friends! Thank you for creating such a wonderful website!
Wow Tony! I would just like to comment on how much you have affected my life.
First of all, any questions I have are answered extremely fast, and not only that, you give me a very helpful answer every time. Also, by reading your newsletters, I obtain just the right information that I need to succeed in the acting business. I am so happy I discovered your site, and I hope you know how much we actors appreciate you. Thanks again, and I can't wait to read your next newsletter!
Laura Doukas, Actress
I did what you said and I got two interviews with two agents! Thank you! Sorry but can I ask you how do I prepare to go meet the agent? What do I have to do?
Marsha P., New York, NY, USA
This site has taught me a lot that I needed to know without dragging me all over the place.
Lauren, actress, Atlanta, GA
Assemble Your Team!
Finding acting jobs isn't easy. One of the reasons is that many aspiring actors make one costly mistake in thinking that all they have to do is get an agent and theyll get tons of auditions. If you think that way, you might get lucky, but chances are you will not. Make sure you have a strategy and put together a team of people who can help you. Yes, thats right your team!
You will need the following people on your team to make sure that all the different aspects of your acting career are covered:
1. A great acting technique teacher: He or she will help you just by getting you off to a good solid start with regard to your acting skill. That will be on-going!
2. Other good acting teachers depending on which acting classes you are taking to help you improve other areas of your acting.
3. A good acting career mentor and marketing specialist to help you figure out how to get your career moving along and get you noticed
4. A good head shot photographer to help you get great head shots
6. Casting directors who know your work and who call you in to audition
7. Further down the road, you might want a personal manager to help you promote yourself as an actress
8. A publicist can help you get the word out to the right people (casting directors, agents and the general public and your fans) about recent acting jobs you have had.
9. A good web technician to help you build your actor website and web presence
11. You might need someone to help you format a professional acting resume in line with industry standards.
11. By the same token, you might need someone to help you with your acting cover letter .
12. Lastly, you can find out more about finding acting jobs by effectively mailing out your head shot, resume and cover letter .
Break a leg!
We will abide by the law
and protect your privacy.
Your e-mail address
will not be abused or
given to anyone else.
I want to say you changed my life. I want to be an actress so bad, but i began losing motivation when I couldn't figure out what to do. And then I found you! Thanks to you, I'm taking my first acting classes next month! Yippee!
Sara, Pasadena, CA
Just wanted to thank you for bringing me in to [audition for the video], meet you and chat this Saturday. I was really excited to hear about your working on actingcareerstartup.com and even took a look at it today - it's awesome! You are very well-spoken, knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and it shows through the work that you do! I hope our paths in the industry will cross again and really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks, again and best wishes with your very important work!
Gretchen, NY, NY