Your site is so great, it makes researching the business sooo much easier having all the info in one place! thankyou thankyou thankyou.
Amada, aspiring actress, Sydney, Australia
Just wanted to say that this site is FANTASTIC! It's helped me quite a bit and it's now my #1 bookmarked item, which means I'm going to be visiting here regularly :) Thanks again,
Rob, aspiring actor, Canada
I absolutely love your site - it's SOOOO helpful and very impressive!
I am a frequent visitor and have signed up for the newsletter, plus I think it's so good I have recommended it to all my acting friends! Thank you for creating such a wonderful website!
Wow Tony! I would just like to comment on how much you have affected my life.
First of all, any questions I have are answered extremely fast, and not only that, you give me a very helpful answer every time. Also, by reading your newsletters, I obtain just the right information that I need to succeed in the acting business. I am so happy I discovered your site, and I hope you know how much we actors appreciate you. Thanks again, and I can't wait to read your next newsletter!
Laura Doukas, Actress
I did what you said and I got two interviews with two agents! Thank you! Sorry but can I ask you how do I prepare to go meet the agent? What do I have to do?
Marsha P., New York, NY, USA
This site has taught me a lot that I needed to know without dragging me all over the place.
Lauren, actress, Atlanta, GA
Finding funny free monologues is one thing, finding the right one for you is another. And then, knowing all the things there are to consider to make it a positive memory for those who watch you perform it is still another.
There are several things to consider. I will tell you where to find good monologues, but I will not start there.
1. Know a little bit about casting directors or agents expectations for listening to monologues. They hear and see monologue performances all the time from actors. It would be worth your while to find out what they like and what they dont like. Some monologues are over done and will bore them if you are the umteenth actor to perform the same old monologue!
2. Know your type. You will want to choose a monologue that is in line with the type of character you are most likely to be cast for.
3. When it comes to choosing funny free monologues, you will want to choose one that brings out your strengths as an actor and hides your weaknesses.
4. Your monologue should have a beginning, middle, climax and an ending.
5. You should know not only the monologue itself, but also the entire story, so that you know your character as well as you possibly can. It will show in your performance if you truly know your character and are not simply muttering some words. Anyone can memorize words, but not everyone can do justice to a character.
6. With these considerations, you are now ready to select a few funny free monologues. This page will give you a wide variety of sites to choose from in a lot of different categories of monologues.
7. And dont forget your comedic timing!! Two different people can tell the exact same joke. One person has the audience splitting their sides with laughter while the other person can barely get people to chuckle at his joke. Often times it is a difference in the use of comedic timing. Learn how to use timing if you want to be funny.
8. Another alternative for selecting funny free monologues is to have your own personal book on hand. Finding them on the internet can be a hassle.
Lastly, make sure that you dont fall victim to stupid mistakes that can cost you the part! This page will show you 12 common mistakes that actors make when performing monologues and how to avoid them.
We will abide by the law
and protect your privacy.
Your e-mail address
will not be abused or
given to anyone else.
I want to say you changed my life. I want to be an actress so bad, but i began losing motivation when I couldn't figure out what to do. And then I found you! Thanks to you, I'm taking my first acting classes next month! Yippee!
Sara, Pasadena, CA
Just wanted to thank you for bringing me in to [audition for the video], meet you and chat this Saturday. I was really excited to hear about your working on actingcareerstartup.com and even took a look at it today - it's awesome! You are very well-spoken, knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and it shows through the work that you do! I hope our paths in the industry will cross again and really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks, again and best wishes with your very important work!
Gretchen, NY, NY