Acting Career Help
Young Aspiring Actors
Where Do You Want
To Work As An Actor?
BUSINESS of Acting
An Acting Agent
Click on one
of the buttons
below to automatically
receive blog updates
to your mailbox.
Your site is so great, it makes researching the business sooo much easier having all the info in one place! thankyou thankyou thankyou.
Amada, aspiring actress, Sydney, Australia
Most people dont even take the time to tell a person how to reach their goal. I want to thank you for everything and for responding to my messages. Sometimes I just test people to see if they really care about my career and you do. You can continue to send me some tips on how I can accomplish my goals, because you inspire me a lot. Thank you for caring.
Jeffrey, Dallas, TX
Just wanted to say that this site is FANTASTIC! It's helped me quite a bit and it's now my #1 bookmarked item, which means I'm going to be visiting here regularly :) Thanks again,
Rob, aspiring actor, Canada
I absolutely love your site - it's SOOOO helpful and very impressive!
I am a frequent visitor and have signed up for the newsletter, plus I think it's so good I have recommended it to all my acting friends! Thank you for creating such a wonderful website!
Wow Tony! I would just like to comment on how much you have affected my life.
First of all, any questions I have are answered extremely fast, and not only that, you give me a very helpful answer every time.
Also, by reading your newsletters, I obtain just the right information that I need to succeed in the acting business. I am so happy I discovered your site, and I hope you know how much we actors appreciate you. Thanks again, and I can't wait to read your next newsletter!
Laura Doukas, Actress
I did what you said and
I got two interviews with two agents! Thank you! Sorry but can I ask you
how do I prepare to go meet the agent? What do I have to do?
Marsha P., New York, NY, USA
This site has taught me a lot that I needed to know without dragging me all over the place.
Lauren, actress, Atlanta, GA
List of Actresses
On this page you will find a list of actresses who are doing extremely well in their field. You will certainly recognize the names. Each entry has a brief description of the woman mentioned and also a link to a more complete actress biography. When you have found what you are looking for, have a look at the bottom of this page for the same kind of information with regard to other female actors and other Hollywood actors and actress biographies.
List of Actresses
- Maggie Gyllenhaal is an American actress who has worked extensively in both a film and stage. Her family is in the business- her brother is Jake Gyllenhaal the actor and her mother is a screenwriter. Her father, Stephen is a director and Gyllenhaal made her debut in one of his films when she was just a child. She has appeared in ‘A Dangerous Woman’, ‘Homegrown’ and ‘Donnie Darko’ (alongside her brother) but it was her performance as Lee Holloway in ‘Secretary’ that proved to be her breakthrough into Hollywood. Her stage credits include ‘Closer’, ‘The Tempest’ and most recently ‘Uncle Vanya’. http://maggie-gyllenhaal.net/
- Marion Cotillard, much like Maggie Gyllenhaal, was born into an acting family. This French actress has a huge body of work behind her as she started acting on stage when she was just a child in her father’s plays. In her teens she appeared in TV and as she grew into adulthood she firmly cemented herself as a cinema actress. She first caught the attention of English speaking audiences when she was cast in Tim Burton’s ‘Big Fish’. She has won awards for her performances in ‘A Very Long Engagement’ and ‘La Vie En Rose’ a biopic about the life of Edith Piaf. http://www.cotillard.net/
- Cate Blanchett must be in this list of actresses. She was born in Melbourne Australia and studied at the National Institute of Dramatic Art- one of the most prestigious acting schools in Australia. Her first stage role after her graduation was in David Mamet’s ‘Oleanna’ and she also appeared in ‘Hamlet’ and various TV shows before making her international debut in ‘Paradise Road’. After this she appeared as Elizabeth I of England in the film ‘Elizabeth’ and was nominated for an Academy Award. She has also performed in ‘The Talented Mr. Ripley’ and ‘The Lord Of the Rings’ trilogy. http://www.cateblanchett.net/news
List of Actresses cont.
- Kate Winslet began pursuing her acting career at age eleven when she began studying drama at the Redroofs Theatre School. She appeared on the BBC’s production of ‘Dark Season’ and also performed in various TV movies slowly building her profile before her breakthrough performance in James Cameron’s epic ‘Titanic’. She is known for her ability to play a wide range of roles most notably in ‘Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind’, ‘Little Children’, ‘Revolutionary Road’ and ‘The Reader’- for which she recently won a Best Actress Oscar. http://katewinslet.com/
- Kristen Stewart is an American actress who was discovered when an agent saw her acting in her grade school’s Christmas play. She had various roles in TV (including a role in a Disney Channel production) and the film ‘The Safety of Objects’. Her acting career became so successful that she dropped out of school and continued her education via correspondence. Her first major role that got the attention of audiences and critics alike was in ‘Panic Room’. Most recently she appeared as Bella in the widely popular vampire movie, ‘Twilight’. She has signed on, with the rest of the cast, to make two more of these movies to complete the series. http://www.kristenstewart.net/
- Natalie Portman, like many in this list of actresses, started out when she was very young. She was first scouted by a New York modeling agent when she was eleven years old but decided that she wanted to be an actor instead of a model. Her first role was in the movie ‘The Professional’ as Matilda, a young girl who is left orphaned after her whole family is murdered. She filmed part of the ‘Star Wars’ trilogy whilst she was finishing high school and also has a psychology degree from Harvard College. She has appeared in ‘Closer’, ‘V for Vendetta’ and had a small role in Wes Anderson’s ‘The Darjeeling Limited’. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000204/
List of Actresses cont.
- Angelina Jolie belongs to a long list of actresses who have famous actor fathers. She is the daughter of actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand and made her acting debut as a child in a film with her father. She started in modeling but soon crossed over into acting with a leading role in the film ‘Hackers’. She won awards for her performances in ‘Gia’ and ‘Girl Interrupted’ and won popularity for her portrayal of video game character Lara Croft in the ‘Tomb Raider’ series of movies. Currently she is considered one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood. http://www.angelinajolie.com/
- Keira Knightlley started asking her parents for an agent at age 3 (both her parents were in the business) and after she got one at age 6 she started steadily working in TV and in movies including alongside Natalie Portman in ‘Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace’. Her breakthrough role came in the English film ‘Bend It Like Beckham’ a success in both England and America. Since then she has acted in ‘Pride and Prejudice’, ‘The Duchess’ and the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ trilogy. http://www.keiraknightley.com/
- Tilda Swinton is an English actress noted for her taste for performance art and unusual roles in art house films. Something else that makes her an unusual actress (by Hollywood standards) is the fact that she didn’t really receive any international attention until she appeared in the film ‘The Beach’ with Leonardo DiCaprio, age 40. She started performing in theatre with the Traverse Theatre and the Royal Shakespeare Company before performing in ‘Orlando’, ‘Vanilla Sky’ with Tom Cruise, ‘The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’ and most recently ‘Michael Clayton’, ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’ and ‘Burn After Reading’. Tilda Swinton has also been cited as a muse by fashion designers Viktor and Rolf. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0842770/
- Penelope Cruz, a Spanish actress, started her performing career as a dancer before crossing over to acting at age 15. She has a close working relationship with Pedro Almodovar and has appeared in his films ‘Volyer’ and ‘Todo Sobre Mi Madre’. She is best known internationally for her work in the American films ‘Vanilla Sky’, ‘Blow’ and Woody Allen’s ‘Vicky Cristina Barcelona’ for which she won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 2009. http://penelope-cruz.com/
Aside from the list of actresses you found here on this page, here on ActingCareerStartUp.com you can find more actor and actress biographies and lists. Have a look at the links here below:
List of actresses and actress biographies.
Places to find a list of male actors and biographies.
List of Hollywood actors and biographies.
Movie actor names and biographies.
You can also read the stories about some of your favorites in a long list of actresses.
More places to find Movie Actor Names
Imdb is a great resource to a complete list of movie actor names and to find out about just about any actor you want.
If there are other movie actor names you would like to know about and would like us to add to our list of Hollywood actors, please let us know.
Site Map | Home | Who's Behind ACSUp.com | Acting Career Blog | Site Testimonials | Actor Q & A | Buy Acting Books | Typical Day Of An Actor | Start Your Career | Fund Your Career | Acting Classes | Acting Schools |International Actors | The Business Of Acting | Actor Promotion Tips | Your Actor Website | Teen Actors Guide | About Disney Channel Auditions | Headshot Advice | How To Find An Agent | First Audition Advice | Avoiding Scams | Find Acting Scripts | Find Monologues | Resources For Singers | Acting Industry Information | Cruise Ship Opportunities | Nutrition & Health For Actors | Public Speaking Tips | Staying Motivated | Link Exchange | Contact/Ask A Question | The Bollywood Connection |
HOW TO START
AN ACTING CAREER
No strings attached!
We will abide by the law
and protect your privacy.
Your e-mail address
will not be abused or
What you're doing is great Anthony. Whenever I read the things on your site, the interviews and even your book, I feel like if only everybody got to read this before they got started, they would be so much better off and everybody else (casting directors, agents, directors, etc.) would be so much better off too.
Personal Manager, Ingrid French
I want to say you changed my life. I want to be an actress so bad, but i began losing motivation when I couldn't figure out what to do. And then I found you! Thanks to you, I'm taking my first acting classes next month! Yippee!
Sara, Pasadena, CA
Just wanted to thank you for bringing me in to [audition for the video], meet you and chat this Saturday. I was really excited to hear about your working on actingcareerstartup.com and even took a look at it today - it's awesome! You are very well-spoken, knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and it shows through the work that you do! I hope our paths in the industry will cross again and really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks, again and best wishes with your very important work!
Gretchen, NY, NY