Your site is so great, it makes researching the business sooo much easier having all the info in one place! thankyou thankyou thankyou.
Amada, aspiring actress, Sydney, Australia
Just wanted to say that this site is FANTASTIC! It's helped me quite a bit and it's now my #1 bookmarked item, which means I'm going to be visiting here regularly :) Thanks again,
Rob, aspiring actor, Canada
I absolutely love your site - it's SOOOO helpful and very impressive!
I am a frequent visitor and have signed up for the newsletter, plus I think it's so good I have recommended it to all my acting friends! Thank you for creating such a wonderful website!
Wow Tony! I would just like to comment on how much you have affected my life.
First of all, any questions I have are answered extremely fast, and not only that, you give me a very helpful answer every time. Also, by reading your newsletters, I obtain just the right information that I need to succeed in the acting business. I am so happy I discovered your site, and I hope you know how much we actors appreciate you. Thanks again, and I can't wait to read your next newsletter!
Laura Doukas, Actress
I did what you said and I got two interviews with two agents! Thank you! Sorry but can I ask you how do I prepare to go meet the agent? What do I have to do?
Marsha P., New York, NY, USA
This site has taught me a lot that I needed to know without dragging me all over the place.
Lauren, actress, Atlanta, GA
Learning how to envision what success for you looks like and putting together a long-term acting goal, is a skill, that if mastered, will cause you to be the envy of many. Specifically, if you can envision in the smallest details, what your acting career is to look like, say five years down the road, you will be ten times more likely to be able to achieve it.
After all, if you don't know where you are going, then how do expect to get there?
When I went to New York to study and work the second time, I was more focused than I was the first time. I had more clarity about what I wanted, about who I was, about my capabilities. I did the SWOT self-analysis and I was as honest and as forthright with myself as possible. I also answered the questions that helped me to see my vision for the future of my life as well as with regard to my long-term acting goal. Then, I got more specific and started to ask myself questions, like the ones you see below that helped me clarify what I wanted from my acting/hosting career.
1. Where would you like to be five years from now? What will your life be like? Visualize it. Think about where you will be living, what kind of job you will have (acting job that it is! If thats what you want.).
2. How much would you like to earn? Be specific.
3. How does acting fit into the overall scope of your life? Do you want it to be the way you earn a living or will it provide the necessary skills to do something else, like speak in public, achieve greater self-confidence, integrate into training seminars, etc.)
4. What kind of acting career do you want? What genre are you particularly interested in? (film, tv, theatre, daytime, prime-time, etc.)
5. What kinds of roles do you see yourself interpreting? What type are you? Doctor, housewife, tough guy, evil witch, ivory soap girl, detective, etc.?
6. Is there a particular type of show, program, sit-com that you can identify with and would like to be part of?
7. What kinds of people will you need to surround yourself with who will be able to help you achieve your goal?
8. What resources will you need to reach that goal that you dont currently have (financial, character traits, skills, contacts)?
9. Where will you be living?
10. How will you promote yourself?
11. How will you keep in contact with casting directors and agents and other industry professionals?
12. How will you find acting work?
13. How will you compliment the work that your agent is doing? In other words, what will you do to promote yourself aside from what he or she will already be doing for you?
14. What will you do to promote yourself in a way that is different than most of the other actors?
15. What kind of person will you need to become in order to achieve what you want? In other words, what characteristics will you have in the future that you dont have now?
Proceed by now defining your short-term acting career goals.
We will abide by the law
and protect your privacy.
Your e-mail address
will not be abused or
given to anyone else.
I want to say you changed my life. I want to be an actress so bad, but i began losing motivation when I couldn't figure out what to do. And then I found you! Thanks to you, I'm taking my first acting classes next month! Yippee!
Sara, Pasadena, CA
Just wanted to thank you for bringing me in to [audition for the video], meet you and chat this Saturday. I was really excited to hear about your working on actingcareerstartup.com and even took a look at it today - it's awesome! You are very well-spoken, knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and it shows through the work that you do! I hope our paths in the industry will cross again and really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks, again and best wishes with your very important work!
Gretchen, NY, NY