Your site is so great, it makes researching the business sooo much easier having all the info in one place! thankyou thankyou thankyou.
Amada, aspiring actress, Sydney, Australia
Just wanted to say that this site is FANTASTIC! It's helped me quite a bit and it's now my #1 bookmarked item, which means I'm going to be visiting here regularly :) Thanks again,
Rob, aspiring actor, Canada
I absolutely love your site - it's SOOOO helpful and very impressive!
I am a frequent visitor and have signed up for the newsletter, plus I think it's so good I have recommended it to all my acting friends! Thank you for creating such a wonderful website!
Wow Tony! I would just like to comment on how much you have affected my life.
First of all, any questions I have are answered extremely fast, and not only that, you give me a very helpful answer every time. Also, by reading your newsletters, I obtain just the right information that I need to succeed in the acting business. I am so happy I discovered your site, and I hope you know how much we actors appreciate you. Thanks again, and I can't wait to read your next newsletter!
Laura Doukas, Actress
I did what you said and I got two interviews with two agents! Thank you! Sorry but can I ask you how do I prepare to go meet the agent? What do I have to do?
Marsha P., New York, NY, USA
This site has taught me a lot that I needed to know without dragging me all over the place.
Lauren, actress, Atlanta, GA
This page is all about where to find monologues for girls looking for performance pieces for auditions, drama class or for practice on their own. Below is a list of some sites that have a good listing of monologues of various types, whether it be comedy you are looking for, something more serious and dramatic or both.
I do have a few suggestions and things to keep in mind while you search.
1. Before you try to perform a monologue, be sure that you know what you are doing. There is a difference between memorizing lines and really embodying a character. Get help from a monologue coach if you need one.
2. Be sure and choose a monologue that is in line with your type. You need to know that in order to express yourself as an actress to the best of your ability. Get someone with an objective view about you and your ability to help you choose the right monologue for you.
3. Be sure not to make the classic mistakes that many actors make during auditions.
4. If you are looking for a monologue for auditions, make sure you know the etiquette about auditioning and how to behave and what to expect.
5. With practice will come a sure safe way of memorizing your monologue that you can depend on to be able to learn your lines quickly.
Here is a list of some more sites where you can find teen monologues for girls! Copy and past the urls into your browser.
If you still havent found what you are looking for, you might want to check some of the other sites that could very well have monologues for girls and that are listed in some of the other categories of monologues here on ActingCareerStartUp.com.
We will abide by the law
and protect your privacy.
Your e-mail address
will not be abused or
given to anyone else.
I want to say you changed my life. I want to be an actress so bad, but i began losing motivation when I couldn't figure out what to do. And then I found you! Thanks to you, I'm taking my first acting classes next month! Yippee!
Sara, Pasadena, CA
Just wanted to thank you for bringing me in to [audition for the video], meet you and chat this Saturday. I was really excited to hear about your working on actingcareerstartup.com and even took a look at it today - it's awesome! You are very well-spoken, knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and it shows through the work that you do! I hope our paths in the industry will cross again and really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks, again and best wishes with your very important work!
Gretchen, NY, NY