Your site is so great, it makes researching the business sooo much easier having all the info in one place! thankyou thankyou thankyou.
Amada, aspiring actress, Sydney, Australia
Just wanted to say that this site is FANTASTIC! It's helped me quite a bit and it's now my #1 bookmarked item, which means I'm going to be visiting here regularly :) Thanks again,
Rob, aspiring actor, Canada
I absolutely love your site - it's SOOOO helpful and very impressive!
I am a frequent visitor and have signed up for the newsletter, plus I think it's so good I have recommended it to all my acting friends! Thank you for creating such a wonderful website!
Wow Tony! I would just like to comment on how much you have affected my life.
First of all, any questions I have are answered extremely fast, and not only that, you give me a very helpful answer every time. Also, by reading your newsletters, I obtain just the right information that I need to succeed in the acting business. I am so happy I discovered your site, and I hope you know how much we actors appreciate you. Thanks again, and I can't wait to read your next newsletter!
Laura Doukas, Actress
I did what you said and I got two interviews with two agents! Thank you! Sorry but can I ask you how do I prepare to go meet the agent? What do I have to do?
Marsha P., New York, NY, USA
This site has taught me a lot that I needed to know without dragging me all over the place.
Lauren, actress, Atlanta, GA
Speaking of motivation for actors, if you havent already read it, I would highly recommend that you read his book: Live Your Dreams! And if you ever have a chance to see the man speak, dont miss the opportunity!
I want to share with you some of the quotes that he threw around during his speech. I will say right off that I dont remember to whom they are all attributed.
We actors know how tough it can be sometimes to deal with rejection, to continue to work the beat at the face of adversity. We know how difficult it can be to continue to strive for our dream of having the wonderful craft of acting be part of our lives. Sometimes we need motivation. Sometimes we need to be inspired. I have been called inspiring and that makes me feel good that I can inspire people to take action, to strive for what they want and to achieve their objectives. Im only human, and its nice to hear someone who also inspires me. Les Brown is one of those people.
I'm always thinking about motivation for actors and so I invite you to reflect on these quotes and to think about how they apply to your own personal situation either in your life or in your acting career. Think about what you are doing and about what you could be doing. Think about whether you are really doing everything you can to achieve the acting career success you desire?
Here they are. The stuff that motivation for actors is made of:
1. 12% of your income should go towards developing your mind.
2. Dont judge a person by what they do. Judge them by what they do that they dont have to do.
3. You dont always have to wait until your ready before you start.
4. Leap first and grow your wings on the way down.
5. More people die from a doctors prognosis, than from the disease itself.
6. Successful people are good at building relationships.
7. Expect to be successful.
8. You can die on the bleachers or you can die on the field.
9. Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you will land among the stars.
10. In order to do something youve never done, you must become someone youve never been.
11. If theres no enemy within, then the enemy outside can do you no harm.
12. Get excited when you hear the word no!
13. You cant see the picture if you are in the frame.
14. If you want to get even with someone, do it by becoming massively successful.
15. Some people dont know what they dont know and they dont even know it.
16. If you stay the course, eventually you will have a breakthrough.
17. Provide more service (without asking anything in return) and you will get paid.
18. People dont live life as it is. They live life as they are.
Go get em!
Theres always more on the subject of motivation for actors on this site if you want it! And there always will be!
We will abide by the law
and protect your privacy.
Your e-mail address
will not be abused or
given to anyone else.
I want to say you changed my life. I want to be an actress so bad, but i began losing motivation when I couldn't figure out what to do. And then I found you! Thanks to you, I'm taking my first acting classes next month! Yippee!
Sara, Pasadena, CA
Just wanted to thank you for bringing me in to [audition for the video], meet you and chat this Saturday. I was really excited to hear about your working on actingcareerstartup.com and even took a look at it today - it's awesome! You are very well-spoken, knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and it shows through the work that you do! I hope our paths in the industry will cross again and really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks, again and best wishes with your very important work!
Gretchen, NY, NY