Your site is so great, it makes researching the business sooo much easier having all the info in one place! thankyou thankyou thankyou.
Amada, aspiring actress, Sydney, Australia
Just wanted to say that this site is FANTASTIC! It's helped me quite a bit and it's now my #1 bookmarked item, which means I'm going to be visiting here regularly :) Thanks again,
Rob, aspiring actor, Canada
I absolutely love your site - it's SOOOO helpful and very impressive!
I am a frequent visitor and have signed up for the newsletter, plus I think it's so good I have recommended it to all my acting friends! Thank you for creating such a wonderful website!
Wow Tony! I would just like to comment on how much you have affected my life.
First of all, any questions I have are answered extremely fast, and not only that, you give me a very helpful answer every time. Also, by reading your newsletters, I obtain just the right information that I need to succeed in the acting business. I am so happy I discovered your site, and I hope you know how much we actors appreciate you. Thanks again, and I can't wait to read your next newsletter!
Laura Doukas, Actress
I did what you said and I got two interviews with two agents! Thank you! Sorry but can I ask you how do I prepare to go meet the agent? What do I have to do?
Marsha P., New York, NY, USA
This site has taught me a lot that I needed to know without dragging me all over the place.
Lauren, actress, Atlanta, GA
Successful self-promotion for actors is crucial to the success of an acting career. The problem is that so many actors are at a loss for how to get their work seen. I have found that many actors believe that all that is necessary to start an acting career is to "be able to act". Some don't even think that is ncessary. The more a person who wants to become an actor knows about marketing and selling themselves, the more likely it is that they will be able to enjoy a sucessful acting career.
Here are 29 ideas regarding self-promotion for actors and to make you think about what you could be doing to get the industry recognition you deserve.
1. Submit to casting web sites.
2.Find a talent agent.
3. Hire a publicist (when you are ready).
4. Seek out a personal manager.
5. Start a production company.
6. Start a theatre company.
7. Start your own web-based business that has to do with acting, hosting, commercials, etc.
8. Do regular mailings to casting directors, talent agents and production companies.
9. Do drop-offs.
10. Go to organized meetings with casting directors and agents (such as Actors Connection or The Network NYC).
12. Go sign up to do stage readings.
13. Build (or have built) your own actor web site.
14. Write thank you cards after auditions.
15. Use post-cards to keep casting directors informed, as well as production companies and agents you would like to know or who you do know, about acting work you have done recently.
16. Go to reputable schools/study with reputable teachers.
17. Take a workshop with a casting director or agent you would like to know.
18. Go to industry events.
19. Go to industry forums.
20. Study successful actors and how they promote themselves.
21. Find out who your customers are and what they want!
22. Participate in industry showcases.
23. Participate in the Manhattan/LA Monologue Slam.
24. Follow the advice given by Brian ONeil in his book Acting As A Business: Strategies For Success.
25. One of my favorite self-promotion for actors tips is to become a point of reference in the industry. How? Well how many different ways are there for you to stand out?
26. Learn how to network!
27. Get a job doing something that is related to the acting industry , so that you learn and meet the right people while you earn.
28. Sign up with ImdB, when you have enough material.
29.Team up with other actors and write a play, put it up and invite people to see it.
We will abide by the law
and protect your privacy.
Your e-mail address
will not be abused or
given to anyone else.
I want to say you changed my life. I want to be an actress so bad, but i began losing motivation when I couldn't figure out what to do. And then I found you! Thanks to you, I'm taking my first acting classes next month! Yippee!
Sara, Pasadena, CA
Just wanted to thank you for bringing me in to [audition for the video], meet you and chat this Saturday. I was really excited to hear about your working on actingcareerstartup.com and even took a look at it today - it's awesome! You are very well-spoken, knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and it shows through the work that you do! I hope our paths in the industry will cross again and really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks, again and best wishes with your very important work!
Gretchen, NY, NY